Sunday, April 22, 2012

Excuses

Excuses, excuses, excuses.  My excuse for not posting in a few days: it slipped my mind.  However since i am not being paid to write this blog, it isn't a source of income, nor does anyone really read it, if I forget it is my bad.  My excuse for being overweight.....i enjoy food.  This is at best a half truth.  I find myself eating so fast i am not enjoying the food at all.  Then find myself so stuffed I don't feel good.  Though I should say that is the old me.  I am really trying not to back down that road.  I am done with the excuses.

Like many of Americans, I have been a yo-yo dieter.  Lose 20 pounds this year, gain it back over the following year.  Last year, 2011, started great.  I did wonderful on my "diet" for three months, lost 30 pounds even, slid a littler here and there with no gain, then packed it on at the end of the year gaining back 10 of the pounds I lost, all while running three days a week.  My excuse then....there are a lot of birthdays and the holidays at the end of the year.

This year......stop the excuses.  I am nearing the end of my three months (my typical diet window before i lose focus) for this year's diet/exercise regimen.  No more excuses.  I will make the time and I will make the effort and I will succeed.   I have a great support system in some friends on the myfitnesspal app.  I have running partners.  I have exercise goals to keep me focused with a half marathon in another four and half months. No more excuses.  When my mind tends to wander off track I look up to the quotes posted on my dresser.  When those aren't enough, I go to pinterest.com and look at my work-out board and that does the trick.  I get back in the mind set.  NO MORE EXCUSES.


Of course this can be applied to most aspects in life.  If we stop making excuses, we will make better decisions to create better outcomes.  I am not saying it will be all sunshine and roses but when you know you have done the very best you could there is nothing for which to make an excuse.  To quote the wonderful Walt Disney, "If you can dream it, you can do it."  So dream big people!!!!

this is me
(in 2010 and my reminder to stop making excuses)

No comments:

Post a Comment