Sunday, January 6, 2013

Happy New Year!!!

I am hoping to blog more in the new year.  I have just started another blog and I know I can update that one weekly but this one......?????

With the new year comes new goals.

Goal #1- lose the holiday weight and a little more to FINALLY reach my goal weight.  This is the first time in I think forever that my "weight to lose" has been so small.  Kind of exciting really.

Goal #2- this goal is in two parts but the same intent.  I would like to gain a min/mile in my run time and increase my run-walk ratio to 3:1.  I think this is very doable.  I am excited to see how far I can go this year.  If all goes well, I also hope to start training for a full marathon by the end of August.  That will be a wait and see how my leg finishes healing.

Other Goals:
a) Run a full marathon in 2014 or 2015.  I am hoping to run the St. Jude's Country Marathon in Nashville.  :)
b) 5 year goal--Run the Goofy Challenge at WDW in January 2018 and the Dumbo challenge in Disneyland August/September 2018.  Woop-woop.


Some fun things for this new year include jogging to the moon.  www.moonjoggers.com You can be part of a relay team to run laps around the earth and moon.  So cool.  I haven't signed up for any races this year yet, but that will come.  I have my eye on a few.  I am also starting the 8-week challenge put out by the six-sisters website.  Looking forward to continuing this journey of transformation.


What are your goals for 2013?  Where will this year take you?



This is me
(Oct. 2011 on the right--October 2012 on the left)

No comments:

Post a Comment